Finding the right independent school insurance program is just as important as finding the right teachers, books, and curricula. The right program protects all your resources, from your board of directors to your buildings. The right program also protects all types of private schools, including:
- Business and secretarial
- Computer training
- Continuing education
- Crafts (ceramics, jewelry making, knitting, needlework)
- Fine arts, drama, music
- Professional development
- Public speaking
- Trade and vocational
Get More with Markel
With Markel, you get more than just a policy. You get:
- General liability coverage that protects your reputation if you are sued by paying the costs associated with your legal defense. We also offer hard-to-find liability coverages such as sexual abuse/molestation, educators' liability, corporal punishment, child abduction, directors' & officers' liability, and employment practices liability.
- Property coverage on a special cause of loss basis, which means you're covered for events like fire, windstorms, and frozen pipes.
- Bundled options for broader property, liability, and auto protection.
- Accident and health coverage such as K-12 student accident and tuition refund
- A professional claims team, that, when an accident occurs, handles your claim promptly, with sympathy and tact. Our claims associates are experts in successfully handling claims involving students.
- Risk-management experts who've seen it all, and more importantly, know how to fix it.
Click here to view the Independent School Programs brochure.
Loss control and risk management services
Our Loss Control Specialists can help you Keep Safety 1st!
By working with Markel, you are working with a company that understands the independent school industry. Our Senior Loss Control Specialists are recognized as experts in their field and have years of industry experience. Our loss control and risk management services are uniquely geared to help you better control the exposures that pose a risk to your business.
By offering loss control and risk management solutions, we can help reduce those risks - risks that can often have a detrimental bottom line impact on your school. We understand how to help you manage your business risk exposures which can, in turn, help you achieve better performance results.
Markel offers these exceptional risk management and loss control tools:
Markel Safety 1st Education Program which includes access to our Risk Management Library containing articles and safety guides to help you prevent losses, maintain a safer environment and support staff training.
Background checks for new hires and staff at a discounted rate.
Access to abuse risk management training and educational services from Praesidium, Inc.
Online safe driving courses offered at a discounted rate through BrightFleet driver training and I Drive Safely®.
Ask a safety question - get answers to your safety concerns.
Call 800-476-4940 to speak with an Independent School Insurance representative
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST
Monday - Friday
Welcome to our new news feed. Please check back often to find new topics and stories specific to your business.
Quarterly newsletter - Wrongful termination
>Click here to read the latest newsletter.